The headlines in the guide:
- Why and a few things to think about in advance
Converting a record collection is a huge task. That should give reason to think about how much time and money you want to spend in order to be content with the result.
- Audio formats
The choice of recording frequency, bit-depth (number of bits / sample) and format for storing the final result.
– Formats for recording and playback
What is the cost for chosing a storage / playback format?
– Different formats compared
- Audio equipment
– Walkthrough part by part
– Four packages for different budgets
- Computer, operating system and drivers
Your computer has a “sound mixer” which may convert the recording format in ways you are not aware of, and if you want to be thorough, then you want to know more about this!
The software I am using or have used. Mainly Windows versions, but some are also available for Mac and Linux
- Before you start doing any recordings:
– Suggestions for a folder structure
– The workflow from start to end